Curious about what’s new in CALC? Here are highlights from our updates as we’ve improved the product.
2.8.3 - 2017-10-05
- Fixed a bug whereby some region 10 spreadsheets would cause CALC bulk upload to fail (#1594).
2.8.2 - 2017-10-03
- The session cookie now expires when the user's browser is closed (#1584).
- All admin routes have the 'Cache-Control: no-cache' header to prevent browser caching (#1590).
2.8.1 - 2017-10-02
The cross-origin security policy of the API has been hardened to only allow CORS requests under
/api/, and only allow the
OPTIONSHTTP methods (#1585).
Improved logging for price list status changes (#1579).
2.8.0 - 2017-09-19
- Added additional required logging (#1569).
2.7.2 - 2017-09-19
- Switch to 3-tiered branch-based deployments (
2.7.1 - 2017-09-19
- Migrate from TravisCI to CircleCI.
- Upgrade to Python 3.6.2.
- Fix an issue that allowed CSVs exported from the Data Explorer to contain auto-running Excel formulas in the query field.
2.7.0 - 2017-04-14
- Upgraded Django to 1.9.3 (#1526).
- Upgraded jQuery to 3.2.1 (#1539).
- CALC is now prepared for migration to Django 1.10 (#1544). However, as the development team currently has a limited amount of time to work on CALC, we've decided not to actually migrate to the new version of Django, as we may not have time to address any problems occurring from the upgrade in the near future.
- Added support for recording and replaying attempted price list submissions (#1491), and added a new Technical Support Specialist role. This will allow the development team to better serve users who are having problems submitting their price lists.
- Added integration with Slack, so that the development team will be notified of events happening on CALC and be able to respond quickly to anything that needs attention (#1505).
- Added documentation on monitoring CALC (#1518).
2.6.0 - 2017-03-24
- Modified how autocomplete search results are returned from the server to improve the speed of retrieving, processing, showing results.
/healthcheck/to include an
is_everything_okproperty and always return
200in order to effectively monitor that endpoint (#1516).
2.5.1 - 2017-03-20
- Fixed a bug that caused errors in the API due to a bad interaction between the New Relic monitor and djorm-ext-pgfulltext (#1498).
2.5.0 - 2017-03-16
- Fixed a bug in the data explorer search input that prevented searches for numeric strings (#1475).
- Fixed a bug preventing Unit of Issue cells with extra spaces from passing validation (#1494).
- Modified the Schedule 70 price list parser to look for some variations on column names in order to accept more price list uploads.
- Fixed some minor styling bugs in the admin interface (#1326 and #1262).
- Upgraded CALC to use Django 1.9.
2.4.0 - 2017-03-10
- When logged-in, the username in the upper right corner of the page has been turned into a small dropdown menu (#1413).
- CALC now understands certain acronyms and abbreviations, such as "jr" (junior), "sr" (senior), and "sme" (subject matter expert). Searches for any of these will yield more inclusive results than before (#1378).
- System-generated emails have vastly improved styling (#1208).
- The logic to parse the minimum experience values from uploaded Schedule 70 price lists has been made more flexible by using the first numeric value encountered.
- The data explorer page now changes the page title based on the current search term(s) (#1315).
- Price list details pages have improved status indication styling (#980).
- Styling of the error page of the price list upload process has been improved (#1266).
- The Rates API now handles quotation-delimited search terms, like "engineer, senior" (#1459).
2.3.0 - 2017-02-22
- CALC's developer documentation has been modularized and is now available at
A bug in the labor category search box that could cause the user's browser to lock up on special-character-only search queries has been fixed (#1355).
The labor category search box and associated URL parameter now enforce a a maximum length of 255 characters (#1354).
The navigation tabs no longer "jump" while the front page is loaded (#1341).
Table header styling throughout CALC has been improved and made more consistent (#1202).
Some minor styling bugs (#1229) and inconsistencies (#1371) in the filter box on the front have been corrected.
CALC now runs on Python 3.6.0.
2.2.0 - 2017-02-07
- A test suite for testing the production instance of CALC has been created (#1199).
The Schedule 70 price list parsing logic has been amended to address a bug where it attempted to parse rows outside of the price list table (#1318).
Ethnio (used for recruiting users for research sessions) has been removed.
The cloud.gov UAA authentication code has been extracted to a separate package called
Most Python dependencies have been updated.
2.1.0 - 2017-01-31
- A link to "Read about recent updates to CALC" now appears in the footer of every page.
Search queries ending with trailing commas and using the "contains phrase" criteria now work properly.
CALC now validates minimum wages based on the value of $10.20 per hour, as set forth by Executive Order 13658.
Various improvements to the copy of emails sent out by CALC have been made, thanks to the efforts of the 18F Writing Lab.
Emails are also sent in HTML format (in addition to plain text) and include relevant links back to CALC where applicable.
Sent emails also now have a
reply-toheader set to a valid email address that will be checked and responded-to by a CALC team member.
Errors in uploaded price lists are now displayed via tooltips (#1245).
Cache-Controlheaders are now set on responses so that Amazon CloudFront will behave properly when new versions of CALC are deployed.
manage.py send_example_emailscommand has been added to make it easier to iterate on the emails sent by CALC.
2.0.0 - 2017-01-18
The new data capture functionality has been added, allowing COs to log in (via cloud.gov) and submit their approved Schedule 70 price lists. Data administrators can then review these price lists and add their data into CALC.
Additionally, data administrators can directly upload Region 10 bulk data. The uploaded data will then replace all existing Region 10 data in CALC.
- In October 2015, the schedules represented in CALC were consolidated into the Professional Services Schedule to give federal agency acquisition professionals the ability to obtain total contract solutions for their professional services requirements using one contract vehicle.
Consequently, the "Schedule" filter in the data explorer has been renamed to the "SIN / Schedule" filter, and allows rates to be filtered by SIN number.
Searching for multiple words in the data explorer's search field now produces expected autocompletion results.
The data explorer is now much more keyboard-accessible and screenreader-friendly.
The "proposed price" field in the data explorer automatically updates the histogram on a per-keypress basis; there is no longer any need to click the "Go" button.
Sharing CALC links with the "Education" field filled out now works properly.
The CALC banner has been redesigned to be less confusing and easier to read.
Google Analytics for CALC now properly track new searches in the data explorer as page views. We also track clicks on links in the "Contract #" column of the data explorer results table.
1.2.0 - 2015-07-21
- filtering empty list items out of query building
1.1.2 - 2015-07-14
- Merge pull request #224 from 18F/ethnio
- Add ethnio screener
1.1.1 - 2015-07-08
- hide proposed price field so that we may deploy to production everything but this feature
1.1.0 - 2015-07-07
- Merge pull request #211 from 18F/add-histogram-design
- Updates to histogram
1.0.1 - 2015-06-29
- Merge pull request #205 from 18F/search-bug
- Strip non-alpha numeric or whitespace chars out of search query
1.0.0 - 2015-06-24
- adds hidden proposed price starting functionality
- adds standard deviation callouts
- adds icons in header
- workflow documentation
- bug fix for stacked histogram labels
- removing python 2.7 support
- script to run django migrations on cloud foundry
- slider and drop downs to replace single drop down for years experience
- refining header wording
- replace drop down for education with multi select